The Future of Digital Money has Arrived at Mt.Cook
Trade the most popular cryptocurrencies as CFDs in a regulated environment.
Crypto Trading is Better at Mt.Cook
Six key reasons why it's both better and easier to trade crypto at Mt.Cook vs. a crypto exchange.
Got Crypto Trading Questions?
As per the norm, we got ya' covered!
1) What are the benefits of trading Cryptos at Mt.Cook?
Unknown to many traders, trading cryptocurrencies as CFDs has quite a few advantages over using physical cryptocurrency exchanges. These include…
- No need to mess around with complicated wallets, authentications, and exchanges.
- Trade in a regulated environment. Regulation for crypto is still in it’s infancy stage.
- Trade with leverage.
- Trade Crypto, FX, Energies, Indices, and Metals all from one trading terminal, all under one roof (one stop shop).
- Trade Long and Short easily.
- Rapid low latency trade execution.
- Far superior customer support (you can speak to an actual person, unlike at most crypto exchanges).
- Easier and more funding options (fund by fiat and/or crypto).
- Trade EAs / algos easily via MT4.
- Negative balance protection.
We have a fair, and detailed blog post outlining the pros and cons of crypto CFDs vs physical crypto. You can read about it here.
2) How can I actually trade Crypto CFDs at Mt.Cook?
Our cryptos are CFD derivatives. This means you are trading the price movement of the underlying instrument. Trading these CFDs works very much like forex, however instead of buying/selling one currency for another, you are trading cryptocurrency against the US dollar (i.e., BTC/USD).
3) How risky are cryptos to trade vs forex?
Cryptocurrencies are considered by most to be highly volatile, and a young, less liquid market to trade in, thus it is important for traders to have their risk management dialed in very well when trading these instruments.
4) Can I hold positions long term (hodl)?
Many crypto traders take a long term position often called hodl’ing (holding on for dear life). As long as you have sufficient margin in your account, you can hold your crypto positions indefinitely. You can also add margin to your account at any time.